Richard and Aumerle moments…
This was on my dash again so WHAT THE HELL LET’S REBLOG IT. FOR GREAT HOTNESS AND FEELS.
here are links to all sorts of helpful things that i have found and i hope you check it out. these are posted on my blog under the *distractions* link and is updated continually. if you have any websites that should be added, send me an ask! remember that i love you and i am always here!
having an anxiety attack?
quietly calm down(quiet place)
if you need a hug
Just need a pick-me-up?
the dreams room
this is not my screenshot but yeah
okay what the actual fuck we need to start calling the fucking cops or something this little frenzy of theirs is going too far
GUYS, WE NEED TO FUCKING SIGNAL BOOST THIS AND GET THIS PICTURE KNOWN. WE NEED TO FUCKING STOP THEM, SERIOUSLY, THEY ARE LITERALLY FUCKING MURDERING PEOPLE. THE PEOPLE THAT DID THIS CAN AND SHOULD BE LOCKED UP FOR MANSLAUGHTER, SERIOUSLY, GET THIS KNOWN SO SOMEONE WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!!
the post with this photo on it already has 7k notes chill
youre telling me to chill over someone’s fucking death?
shut the fuck up
7000 NOTES IS NOT ENOUGH. SOMEONE. FREAKING. DIED. IF THERE ARENT TRILLIONS OF FREAKING NOTES, ITS NOT ENOUGH. THEY CAUSED THE LOSS OF A HUMAN LIFE. A BEAUTIFUL, MEANINGFUL HUMAN LIFE. THIS PERSON HAD SO MUCH TO LOOK FORWARD TO. THIS PERSON COULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO CURE CANCER OR HIVS. NONE OF US KNOWS, AND WE NEVER WILL. THERE IS ONE LESS MEANINGFUL LIFE ON THIS EARTH. THAT PERSON COULD HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE, AND 4FRICKINGCHAN COAXED THEM INTO DEATH. HOW IS THAT NOT WRONG?!? DONT YOU DARE TELL ANYONE TO CHILL. THIS IS NOT OKAY AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE IT STOP UNLESS WE STAY UNITED AND AT LEAST FREAKING CARE.
This petition isn’t to shut down 4chan.
This is a petition to hold raiders criminally accountable for their actions.
Please, sign this.
This would mean that they could be punished for what they’ve done.
We don’t need any more deaths.
We need to take action.
I’ve got 253 followers, and most people have way more! SIGN THIS SHIT.
please sign this!! Everything is getting way out of hand!!
I have 1,300 followers and there isn’t a single reason why all of you shouldn’t sign and reblog this.
Sign for the safety of those friends and followers with triggers!
My current source of stress is that the Time Lords aren’t going to be antagonists anymore.
like if i learned one thing from the end of time it was that the time lords were a bag of dicks and i think ten saying ‘back into hell’ when referring to the time war wAS PROBABLY A GOOD INDICATOR THAT NOT ALL WAS WELL ON GALLIFREY CAN WE NOT GO BACK TO THAT PLZ
Yeah, but on the other hand even in The end of time we’ve seen at least two or three Time Lords who didn’t agree with Rassilion. And there were not only Time Lords on Gallifrey but other gallifreans too, right?
I’d like to see some diversity in picturing them too. Just because “They all are dicks” view is kind of boring. I’d really like to see some sensible representatives of Gallifrey society, while still keeping the society on the whole as antagonists.
The only problem here - I don’t for one moment believe that Moffat can handle this. Not in the whole world. Alias :(
Ten/Rose: “The Straw that Broke the Camel’s Back” (all ages)
Every day he unloaded an item from his transdimensional pockets into her new matching ones and everyday she accepted the unnecessary baggage with a giggle and squirm of delight. He started with the colourful baubles he knew she’d enjoy: shimmering trinkets; frosted squares of sea glass; yoyos; a pair of plastic wind-up monkeys that flipped and clashed together their cymbals.
When his pockets were slightly lighter from the loss of their heft, he reached further down and proffered things he’d acquired in reverent memory: a playbill from one of his many visits to Shakespeare’s Globe; a crumpled and discarded poem from Emily Bronte’s wastepaper bin; a vial of sunset-coloured sand from Wirt’lewka Epsilon; a photograph of himself and a purple scaled lifeform making faces at the photographer.
He was soon a new man, taller and slimmer, and still the pockets in his jacket were weighed down. But she smiled and said she’d love to come and she lay beside him in the apple grass and she insisted that her pockets weren’t full enough. So he closed his eyes and searched with his fingers through the seemingly-infinite darkness and spread the items at her feet: a torn newspaper clipping of a young woman he failed to save; a white paper bag full of stale jelly babies; a clipping of a blond curl, wrapped in red ribbon with an explanation of which he couldn’t force past his swollen throat; a pair of withered silver leaves, still attached at the stem.
She took them all without comment and placed them carefully in her pockets as if they were treasures, smiling a sad smile and wordlessly enfolding him in her arms each time. When his anxious mind finally processed her quiet acceptance and lack of horror, he brushed his fingers down to the deepest darkest corners and held out a box with a big red rose-shaped button. She took it from his trembling hands, pocketed it like it wasn’t the most dangerous weapon in the universe, and kissed his still-sensitised fingertips.
He’d been watching her carefully for the straw that would finally cause her back to break and leave him like all the rest. But when it was placed on top of all the rest and he eyed her with terror, it was the diametric opposite that transpired.
And so it came to pass, all at once, in the twinkling of the eye of a needle in a haystack, that he was finally light enough, unburdened enough, unfettered enough to let go and capture her lips and clasp her to his chest and take his absolution in her moonlit skin and his pardon in the curve of her hip and—
It was a giant pile of horse shit. I was expecting to be disappointed in a lot of aspects, cause Moffat, but I didn’t actually expect to feel like he’d rooted around in my brain and fished out everything I never wanted.
If you’re asking how I would have liked it to have gone…ohhhh…hang on. This might get a little…disjointed.
First of all, I would have kept the Eighth Doctor involved, because the Eighth Doctor is a badass, and would ABSOLUTELY have been on the front lines of a war with the DALEKS, until such time as he realized that the people fighting WITH him were as much the enemy as the creatures he was warring with. I can guarantee you that he absolutely would have come to the decision to use The Moment; the decision would definitely come with a truckload of guilt, but he would have done it.
I also would have done pretty much anything in my power to get Chris on board with it. You want a certain director? We can do that, or at least make the effort to make it possible, and then ‘negotiate’ (read: plead on knees) with him if for some reason we COULDN’T make that happen.
The zygons would not have been a thing, at all. Ever. I can still see the Moment pulling in other Doctors for support of Eight, but seriously, a plot that big already, just focus on that.
The Moment would have been someone else entirely, probably Susan. As much as I love Rose, I think Susan would have had a more lasting impact through incarnations. And they totally could have done it…cast the girl who played in An Adventure Through Time and Space. Voila.
Also, cut the cheap action sequences barely worthy of Galaxy Quest, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT TURN THE DOCTOR’S SONIC SCREWDRIVER INTO A WEAPON. That COMPLETELY defeats…god, everything about him and his chosen tools. Anyway, better to use the special effects budget on showcasing some of the abstractness of the war.
So, if we want to look at how it could have gone:
However loving his parents may have seemed, he [Simon] knew that, scratch the surface, and they’d scream and run away. And here he’s confronted with a guy who is just everyting he thinks is wrong about a person, who comes back for him when the chips are down because he’s on his crew. To me, that’s a real parent, and that is an extremely beautiful thing to get to, and I think it’s very real… But the most important thing about ‘Safe’ was that relationship.
—Joss Whedon, Firefly: The Official Companion, Volume One
30 Days of Summer Time Doctor Who
Hello, Whovians and happy summer! With all this sunshine and fun times going on, we thought to ourselves “hey, we should do a thing.”
So we figured why not start a 30 Days meme?
Each day, starting tomorrow, June 21, make a post responding to the day’s challenge. It can be text, an image, your art, a video - whatever you think works best for your answer. Post it to your blog with the tag #30 Days of Doctor Who and we’ll go through and reblog some of our favorites.
30 days is a lot of dayage, so don’t worry if you can’t do all of the days. The point is to have fun with this and be creative!
So have at it:
- Day one (21 June): Who was your first Doctor?
- Day two: Who is your favorite companion, either full time or one off?
- Day three: Invent a new feature for the Sonic Screwdriver. We know it doesn’t do wood, but can it clean up spilled drinks?
- Day four: Who has been your favorite historical appearance? Was it Madame de Pompadour? Maybe Winston Churchill?
- Day five: What’s your favorite episode?
- Day six: If you were the Doctor, what would your catch phrase be? Ahoy, mateys? To infinity and beyond?
- Day seven: Take a selfie in front of a TARDIS! It could be a poster, a toy, a drawing, anything! Just make sure to tag it with #infrontofthetardis!
- Day eight: What’s your favorite Doctor Who audio adventure? If you don’t listen to the audios, click here tell us which summary you think sounds exciting!
- Day nine: Which Doctor Who alumni would you like to bring back? This could be either a character or an actor, your choice!
- Day ten: What’s your favorite piece of music from the show? Did you like Vale Decem? Or perhaps Rose’s Theme?
- Day eleven: Name a who-ism you use irl! Do you like to run around saying allons-y? Do you tell people not to blink?
- Day twelve: Come up with a name for a Doctor Who recipe! Something like Davros donuts or Prisoner Zero pizza.
- Day thirteen: Who would be your ideal Team TARDIS?
- Day fourteen: Mods are asleep! Anything goes!
- Day fifteen: Which regeneration of the Doctor would you most like to meet and why?
- Day sixteen: Which episode or scene made you feel all the feels?
- Day seventeen: Name a crossover that you’d love to see.
- Day eighteen: The TARDIS has a near infinite number of rooms including a swimming pool, a library, and a swimming pool inside the library. Which room would you like to spend time in?
- Day nineteen: What’s your favorite Doctor Who-related youtube video?
- Day twenty: Think of the last movie you saw. Would the protagonist be a good companion? Or maybe they’d be the villain?
- Day twenty-one: Name a planet that you’d like to visit in the TARDIS. Maybe you’d like to go to the planet the planet of slightly over-inflated beach balls, let us know!
- Day twenty-two: What songs would appear on your Doctor Who playlist? Make us a mixtape!
- Day twenty-three: What would your Time Lord name be? The Magician? The Carpenter?
- Day twenty-four: Take a picture with something irl that you think could be from Doctor Who?
- Day twenty-five: What’s your favorite Doctor Who art? Make sure to give the artist credit if it’s not yours!
- Day twenty-six: Show us your best Doctor Who cosplay but you can only use things you can find in your closet.
- Day twenty-seven: Who is your favorite Doctor Who-related tumblr that isn’t us?
- Day twenty-eight: Write an episode summary for Series 8! What do you think the Twelfth Doctor and Clara will have to face?
- Day twenty-nine: Who is your favorite Time Lord other than the Doctor? The Rani? The Master?
- Day thirty (20 July): Make a TARDIS out of things you find in your room!
And so it begins! We’ll be reblogging some of our favorite posts for prompt one throughout the day!